Get Your Ticket Now!
Examining the Wealth Gap in America: The People and Ideas Making Real Impact
A meaningful discussion surrounding the Black wealth gap and how we can close it – with perspectives from a diverse panel on the people and stories making an impact. The conversation will be augmented by new Stash-obtained data on the racial wealth gap and the financial reality of middle-class Black Americans.
Culture Breakout Session
We are Wakanda: Afrofuturism, Black Identity, Technology and Culture
Come explore the creative movements in literature, comics, music and film that inspire us to dream of a world where Black people not only survive but thrive in the future. Science fiction leads us to science facts. Let’s continue to build a future where we use technology to become leaders in our world.
- Participants will be inspired by knowledge and the many examples that exist of Black scientists, tech developers and creatives that are working to build a future where Black excellence is evident in the leadership that is shaping the world.
60min; 3 Speaker Panel w/ Moderator; Led by Tem Blessed
Entertainment Breakout Interactive Session
Minting, crypto wallets and gas prices are terms that seem like a foreign language but are common knowledge to those in the NFT space. Let’s journey together by learning in real time how to become NFT owners and creators.
- Participants will learn how to vet NFT projects
- Participants will experience in real-time the process of securing NFTs
- Participants will partake in shared community wisdom to learn the current work their peers are doing in the NFT space.
90min; 1 -2 Speaker Panel; Networking/Shared Wisdom Working Session w/ Participants’. Led by Tanya Sam
Finance Breakout Session
The Future of Banking
With precursors like banks increasingly moving to digital wallets, very soon we can expect our everyday payments to be universally tracked and processed through Blockchain – but how does this affect one’s buying power and financial freedom?
- Learn the good, the bad, & the uncertainty of decentralized finance (DeFi)
- Understand how to determine whether investing in crypto is for you, and if so, where to start.
- Learn how to gain the capital to acquire coins
60min; 3 Speaker Panel w/ Moderator
Trends Breakout Session
It’s Hot on The Block! - Cryptocurrency and Blockchain
With a clear acceleration of interest in Bitcoin by people like Elon Musk and Jack Dorsey, some would say crypto is winning. From the mind of Satoshi Nakamoto in 2009, Bitcoin has proven itself to be more than just an academic concept, now becoming a viable virtual reality. This is your chance to learn more about whether and how you can get started.
- Discover how finance and banking institutions evolve to compete in this new market
- Learn how new technology will increase banking transparency
- Learn the new buying power afforded with banks accepting new forms of digital currency
60min; 3 Speaker Panel w/ Moderator
Cleantech Breakout Session
The automobile has evolved a lot seen many interactions since its debut in the late 1800s. And now, another revolutionary reimagination of the automobile – electric vehicles (eV) – is here. Out with the gas pump and in with the plug! Learn how a wave of environmentally friendly cars is set to change the way the world utilizes transportation.
- Discover the new options and availability of eVs.
- Learn how to make the conversion over to electric vehicles
- Discover how elective vehicles are paving the way for commercial eVTOLs
60min; 4 Speaker Panel w/ Moderator
Workforce Breakout Session
Since 2019, pre-pandemic, college enrollment rates have dropped by 6.5% while skills training bootcamps have seen a 30.35% increase. If this trend continues, it could be perceived that higher education is experiencing a mass exodus – or perhaps college is no longer the gold standard but an additional pathway for post secondary education, then this is your chance to explore the other options for a career in tech.
- Learn about the types of career and skill training options available
- Discover the career trajectory and success of bootcamp graduates
- Explore the hybrid options colleges/universities are offering
60min; 4 Speaker Panel w/ moderator
Entertainment Breakout Session
Bored Ape, Metaverse and the NFT
We’ve seen the 6 figure price tags for the acquisition of characterized apes. And we’ve heard about celebrities and even international embassies buying land in cyberspace. But is this attainable for the average person? And if so, how? The time is now to learn about how you can enter into Web 3.0 and engage in a growing market economy.
- Learn what and how to enter into the 3D worlds of the metaverse
- Discover the basics of NFTs and how to acquire them
- Explore the opportunities that are emerging due to decentralization
60min; 3 Speaker Panel w/ moderator
Experience a night of BFW with a “Power” twist. Wind down after a day of futuristic and thought provoking conversation with a night of laughter, libations and lilting.
Lounge; DJ; Experience Stations